The Asset Management Council is seeking a highly qualified practitioner in asset management to serve as its National Chair for the Young Asset Management Practitioners Group. The following credentials and qualities are desired:
- Professional organisation experience, in a technical or engineering society, with an understanding of organisational governance for young organisation start-up capability
- Demonstrable experience in achieving results in a technical committee role at a local, division level, creating or leading programming
- Ability to work and relate with a wide range of experience levels for effective generational exchange and policy development
- Have access to markets that the YAMP group serves, typically the under 35 space, from career starting university students to experienced young professionals with significant responsibility or experts in their fields
- Can collaborate with young individuals having diverse needs and capabilities, work alongside them as respectable equals and promote all to be the best possible professionals
- Able to challenge the status quo effectively to achieve results, for effective policies and decision making on behalf of the younger generation, and advocate for the value of YAMPs in the industry
- Committed to technical excellence, with a passion for innovation, ability to apply technical skill in new formats and in emerging technical areas to lead strong, value achieving technical programming and professional development important for industry progress.
As this is a volunteer position with no remuneration attached the incumbent needs to be able to demonstrate they have capacity to devote some time to the position beyond their daily employed position.
Please send your application stating why you would like the volunteer role and what you would bring to the role. Also include your resume and a brief outline of how you meet the above seven credentials.
Please send applications via email to email@example.com by close of business Monday 31st July 2017.