We would like to invite professionals, students and organisations from asset intensive industries and academia to apply to present their asset management technical and research developments at AMPEAK19 Asset Management Conference 2019
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS CLOSE Friday 23rd NOVEMBER 2018
AMPEAK19 will consider common asset management challenges and share solutions that may be from academia, from a maintenance practitioners experiences, an asset management journey or from a specific industry sector.
AMPEAK19 is the meeting place for asset managers and a place to find lively discussion on emerging topics of interest in asset management, sharing of new ideas and knowledge, finding of practical solutions to take and use in your workplace and will consider some of these common asset management themes.
Leadership and Culture, Governance and Influence
- Case studies showing how to embed an asset management culture
- Influencing without authority – how you have made asset management change from your position in the organisation. How small groups within an organisation can create change
- Asset Management as a catalyst for organizational change – organizational design and cultural improvements
- Leading the asset management function
- Governance in Asset Management
- Communicating the asset management value message
- Fostering Diversity and inclusion
Technology and innovation
- Digital data impacts on asset management,
- Industry 4 and the digital revolution in asset management
- Digital engineering in asset management
- How extreme conditions such as extreme cold, hot, wet, dry climate conditions are a catalyst for innovation
- Disruption driving positive change
- Role of asset management in resilience and adaptation strategies
- Innovation in asset management
Strategic Asset Management Planning
- taking the long term view under short term pressure
- Renewing asset management life
- Case studies demonstrating “cradle to cradle” or “zero waste” - creating products for the circular economy
- Understanding the implication of contract clauses on assets maintainability, delivery expectations, constraints and risks
- Managing customer expectations
- Bringing Finance and Asset Management together
- Risk Management
- Case studies showing use of the AMBoK concept, systems and capability delivery models in practice.
Measuring Continuous Improvement
- What data do you need?
- How do you measure what you are doing?
- How do you navigate through the data overload to find meaningful information?
- Optimising data driven efficiencies
- Use of collaboration to drive continuous improvement
- Creating value for all stakeholders, not just shareholders
- Impact on community and economic growth
- Gaining value from sustainable asset management of natural assets e.g. water, land, air, soil
- Case studies showing value of asset management to the community and organisations
- How asset management is being used to assist in achieving targets for UN sustainable development goal 9: build resilient infrastructure, promote sustainable industrialization and foster innovation
- What are contractual obligations of value?
Equipping yourself and your workforce for the future
- Asset Management skills sets needed for future
- Planning for your asset management workforce
- Future of work
- Role of maintenance in a sustainable future
ISO55001 Case Studies & Certification
- How to design a process to meet the ISO5500x system
- Using ISO5500x frameworks to embed sustainable asset management
ABSTRACT SUBMISSIONS CLOSE Friday 23rd NOVEMBER 2018
Abstracts of 150-200 words are to be submitted by Friday 23rd November through the online portal.
A video-pitch of no more than 2 minutes can accompany the abstract with video link uploaded through the online portal.
Abstracts and video-pitch to be submitted online using the appropriate template and placed into one of the 4 categories described in Paper Submissions
Papers may be submitted into one of the below categories:
Papers promoting products and services will strictly not be accepted.
Category 1 – Full Peer Reviewed Technical Paper
This option is for authors who wish to submit a full paper for technical peer review by two subject matter experts and publication. The final submitted paper must adhere to strict criteria and, if accepted, will be made available in the Asset Management Body of Knowledge (AMBoK)
Several additional options exist for publishing and citation of research papers submitted for AMPEAK19:
- Selected research and thought-leading papers will be considered for recommendation to be published by Springer ebook in the “Engineering Asset Management Reviews” under the auspices of the International Society for Engineering Asset Management after the event titled “AMPEAK19 Conference Papers”. The Springer ebook series is indexed in Scopus. https://www.springer.com/series/8663
- Selected research papers will also be considered for recommendation to be published by Taylor and Francis in the Engineers Australia Journal “Australian Journal of Multi-Disciplinary Engineering” https://www.tandfonline.com/action/authorSubmission?journalCode=tmul20&page=instructions
Category 2 – Non-Peer Reviewed Paper
This option is for authors who wish to submit a paper for presentation at the conference, but not be subject to the same review process as category 1. These papers will be reviewed for quality and suitability but will not be subject to the same criteria as category 1. Papers promoting products and services will strictly not be accepted. Papers must address the conference themes and may include case studies, new technologies or practical applications. These papers will be available on the conference app and website only.
Category 3 – Poster
This option is for authors who do not wish to do an oral presentation or have a paper that is best presented as a poster (i.e. large amounts of technical data, tables). Posters will be available to view in the exhibition area throughout the conference. Posters will not be subject to full peer review, but will be checked for quality and suitability.
Category 4 – Asset Management Thought - Leadership Session
This option is for authors and facilitators who would like to propose an emerging topic of interest in asset management. Proposals that address exciting topics in creative formats that generate lively interactions among participants and that can lead to high impact and transformative research are highly encouraged.
Please provide details of
- the topic to be investigated and discussed
- the top 3 objectives of the session and key learnings for participants
- how the session is to be structure (eg panel session, symposium, workshop, tutorial, world café, round-table),
- length (45mins, 60mins or 90mins),
- who is to be involved in speaking on the panel or facilitating the session and their credentials
- how the session is to be captured and communicated
Full submission guidelines and templates for submissions are available from the conference website http://www.ampeak.com.au