Would you like:
- Satisfaction from helping others and contributing to the future success of the profession?
- A chance to develop your mentoring and leadership skills?
- Guidance for your personal and professional development in the asset management profession from someone with a wealth of experience?
- An opportunity to reflect on professional challenges and achievements?
The Women in Transport Asset Management Mentoring Program aims to assist in increasing the number of women working in the transport industry, as well as better retain those already in it. It pairs women in the transport industry seeking guidance and support with more experienced practitioners who are willing to commit time and energy to the professional development of another practitioner.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF THIS PROGRAM?
- Contribute back to the profession
- Stay abreast of emerging issues relevant to the profession
- Further development of mentoring skills such as listening, asking questions, guiding, providing feedback, communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience guidance and support in your profession
- Excellent networking opportunities
- Receiving feedback and developmental guidance
- Identifying professional growth and career planning
- Membership with the Asset Management Council for one year which offers ongoing development opportunities
WHO CAN APPLY?
To join as a mentor, you must have a minimum of five years of technical experience within asset management. To join as a mentee, you must be a woman who works in the asset management technical space within the transport portfolio (TfV) in Victoria. There is no cost involved, only your time.
WANT TO KNOW MORE?
HOW DO I REGISTER?
Menees and mentors will be asked to complete a short application form to assess their eligibility for the program and to collect details about what they are looking for in a mentoring partner.