AMCouncil AMBoK Team Member, Martin Kerr, represented the Asset Management Council at the ISO TC251 (ISO5500x) committee meeting in Amersfoort, The Netherlands 22nd to 26th October 2018 and reports as follows.
"Our hosts shared their own stories of Asset Management throughout the week including how asset management is equipping them for climate change. In a country that is mostly below sea level this is their continual focus as a nation and embrace all aspects of Asset Management.
TC251 is a technical committee (TC) that looks after the ISO55xxx suite of documents. The committee is made up of the following working groups.
- WG3 - Communications and Marketing
- WG4 - Product Development
- WG5 - Guidance on alignment of asset management, finance and accounting (ISO 55010)
- WG6 - ISO55002 and Annex SL via the Joint Technical Coordination Group (JTCG)
- WG7 - Public Policy for Asset Management (ISO 55011)
During the week the program manager from ISO head office attended our meeting. His feedback was positive and in particular he commented on how well the working groups shared and challenged ideas throughout the week.
Read more about each working group’s progress here"