Improving society and empowering sustainable communities.
Asset Management Council Ltd.
The Asset Management Council (AM Council) supports professional recognition, collaboration and information sharing that contributes to a common understanding of the value of effective asset management.
The AM Council is a non-profit, membership-based association comprising Individuals (engineers, commercial managers, finance professionals) and companies, as well as corporate sponsors involved in Asset Management in Australiasia.
The Council has been central to the development of industry frameworks in Australia and Internationally, developing an Asset Management Body of Knowledge (AMBoK) and contributing to the Australian Standards Committee and ISO Committee in the development of current ISO 55OOO Standards for Asset Management.
The AM Council delivers professional development programs for Individuals – certification, training and mentorship, and networking opportunities. The Council also supports companies in benchmarking performance against best-practice (and aligned to ISO55000) through delivery of an Asset Management Maturity Assessment model.
The AM Council is a Technical Society of Engineers Australia, represented by local chapters in every State and Territory. The Council is also a founding member of both the Global Forum on Maintenance and Asset Management (GFMAM) and the World Partners in Asset Management (WPiAM).
The AM Council exists to support members in their Asset Management journey.
Our core charter is to engage, influence and empower through:
- Strengthening our Asset Management Community
- Sharing Information and Knowledge
- Building Capacity and Capability
We will do this by:
- Engaging with strategic partners
- Developing best practice in asset management
- Sharing information and knowledge in best practice asset management
- Providing training, information, and guidance
- Increasing learning, recognition and influencing thought leadership
- Managing and governing the Association well