Call for EOI – Volunteer to represent AMCouncil on Standards Australia MB-19 Asset Management Committee
The AM Council is seeking a volunteer member to represent AMCouncil on the MB-19 Asset Management Committee which is the Australian mirror committee for the ISO/TC251Asset Management Standards Committee. The position has become available due to the retirement of the current incumbents term.
What is MB-19 and What is it’s current Work?
The MB-19 is the Australia mirror committee for the ISO/TC251 Asset Management Standards.
Committee Members of MB-19 are representatives from universities, Professionals Australia, Engineers Australia, Department of Defence, JAZANZ, WSAA, AustRoads, ARRB, IPWEA, Asset Institute, Australian Pipelines and Gas Association and the Asset Management Council.
Current work of the committee includes work on current suite of ISO5500x standards. The committee is entering a new phase of projects and if looking for those with innovative and a fresh approach
The tasks undertaken by the Committee include drafting Word Requirements; Review and formally comment on DC’s; Vote on standards; Contribute as experts; Administration for adoption; Liaison within Australia and International standards committees.
What is the Commitment?
Time commitment includes:
- MB-19 meets quarterly (3 hrs online)
- TC251 meet twice per year (not expected to attend unless involved in a Working Group)
- online meetings with maintenance teams, as required
- to AMCouncil through CEO on a quarterly basis on the work of MB-19,
- facilitating discussions with AM Council members through CEO on work of MB-19 where stakeholder
- engagement/feedback is sought
- Standards Australia and Chair of MB-19 as specified
This is a volunteer position and no remuneration is provided by AMCouncil or Standards Australia. Standards Australia may provide reimbursement for expenses for travel to face-to-face meetings but most meetings can be joined virtually. AMCouncil does not reimburse travel for this position.
If you are interested in applying please respond to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 9th February 2024 providing:
- a statement of your experience in asset management demonstrating ability to contribute in this subject area matter
- attach a CV
- proof of asset management certification level attained
- short paragraph as to why you want to be considered for this volunteer position
- agreement that you are available to provide the necessary time to dedicate to the work of MB-19 and its committees
- agreement to act in interests of AMCouncil and provide reporting requirements to AMCouncil
Applications Close 5pm Friday 9th February 2024
Contact: Anne Gibbs, email@example.com or ph 0417 376 930