- Attendance at Chapter Technical Meetings
- Copy of our journal, The Asset Journal,
- Local Chapter Newsletters, information and
- Participation in your local Chapter, eligibility
to vote and to be elected to office.
- CP Eng post nominal credits (via Engineers
Asset Management Council Information Guide
The Asset Management Council has been working with more than 30 volunteers in Australia and New Zealand to create set of questions for an ISO Assessor exam, to certify individuals to be approved as ISO 55001 Assessors.
The volunteers contributed more than 250 multiple choice questions that have been approved by SMRPCO as suitable for beta testing.
The Asset Management Council has invited individuals who contributed to the exam to sit the trial, which will be held in a number of Australian cities including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, in the coming week.
Congratulations to the following new certficants:
Kevin Atkinson CSAM
Brett Van Breda CAAM
Guan Peh CFAM
Ivo Martinac CAAM
David Caro CPAM
Sol Friedman CAAM
Bradley Buckland CAAM
Thalepo Oageng CPAM
Elmer Hung CPAM
For more information on the Asset Management Council Certification Scheme, click here.
A Focus on Infrastructure and Government
Sydney, Friday 21st November 2014
Topics will include:
- New South Wales’ Vision for Asset Management: Focal area within NSW treasury
- Asset management value added through system changes - Emergency services NSW: how they have improved their business through their review.
- Procurement excellence – discussion forum : Finance department NSW government; major work in procurement using a capability model similar to the AM Council’s Capability Delivery Model.
- Developments in using asset management within Roads and Maritime Services - RMS building a new approach to asset management, find out their new strategy.
- Implementing Asset Management Yarra Trams Case study; Queensland Health case study - a practitioner’s point of view.
- Asset Management Maturity: the latest global debate. - IM paper on maturity Panel discussion
- Announcement of release of Australian standard in November - Tools and techniques available for use.
- Asset management framework developments - Discussion and debate
To dicsuss registration, contact Eva at
or on 03 9819 2515
Examples of Best Practice Use of Asset Management in Major Capital Projects
Dave Daines, Asset Management Lead at BHP Billiton
Historically, it would appear that a lot of project groups either specifically treat some of this work as Operational Readiness and / or Maintenance Development at the project delivery stage and potentially fail to recognise the benefits at the Project Development stages (Concept / Selection /Definition).
What I am seeking is examples of the asset management approach being truly applied during project development and delivery stages and would like to talk to any organisation that consider they do this well.
21ST AMPEAK ASSET MANAGEMENT CONFERENCE
(Previously known as ICOMS)
SYDNEY - June 2015
A FIVE DAY EVENT
Hosted by the
Asset Management Council
A stimulating and social opportunity to network, share and learn…for all levels… a starting point to gain recognition as an achiever and Asset Management Professional
The Asset Management Council invites and welcomes experienced professionals, young asset management practitioners (YAMPS) and forward-thinkers; individuals from the Business world; Engineering and Finance sectors; Industry and Academia; to the 21st AMPEAK Conference, to be held in Sydney, June 2015.
AMPEAK 2015 promises to be as inspirational and educational as ever; an event which will deliver diversity in presentations, forums, workshops and site visits; numerous opportunities for networking and establishing professional relationships. Five days culminating with the AMPEAK Gala Dinner and Awards Night.
Click the link below to visit our Media Centre and read the full press release:
A group of 20 from the International Cooperation Department, Ministry of Finance (MOF), P. R. China will be hosted by the Melbourne Chapter at Engineers Australia in North Melbourne today.
The group will examine Australian Public-Private-Partnership (PPP) case studies and approaches in infrastructure. Topics include:
- PPP Governance - David Bacon, Major Projects Leader, Honeywell, Simon Taylor, Senior Bid Manager, Honeywell, and Ian McGrath, PPP Design Manager, Honeywell
- PPP Information Management Overview - Michael Thomson, Managing Director, Affinitext
- Asset Management System Requirements - Ken Robertson, National Technical Manager, Sodexo
- The Risk Associated with Proximity of Housing to Major Hazard Facilities - Ian Thomas, I F THOMAS & ASSOCIATES
This will be the fourth Chinese Delegation that the Melbourne Chapter has hosted.
The Asset Management Council 2014- 2018 Strategic Plan is now available. It contains our Mission, Vision and Strategic Objectives for the next 5 years.
Asset Management Council Values
The Adelaide Chapter invite you to their Technical Session and Networking Evening.
The Asset Management Council Document Search is an incredibly useful tool, with free download for all Asset Management Council members. It houses over 800 hundred peer-reviewed technical documents and presentations, accessible with a quick search.
For example, a search for 'Planning' turns up papers like these:
Asset Investment Planning for the US Army Corps of Engineers Hydropower Plants
The USACE’s Federal Hydropower organization had been struggling to motivate and obtain suitable funding to modernize their aging assets.