- Attendance at Chapter Technical Meetings
- Copy of our journal, The Asset Journal,
- Local Chapter Newsletters, information and
- Participation in your local Chapter, eligibility
to vote and to be elected to office.
- CP Eng post nominal credits (via Engineers
Asset Management Council Information Guide
The Perth Chapter invite you to the next Technical Session:
Asset Management logistics analysis and skills training for Aircraft - a quantitative and risk based approach.
Michael Killeen, 767/747 Fleet Manager Qantas Engineering Operations
The Sydney Chapter invite you to the next Technical Session:
Company Valuation and dependence on Long Term Asset Planning Malcolm Astle, Sydney Water.
‘this book is different… the ideas presented represent a paradigm shift in thinking about asset management. Rather than the traditional approach of focusing on plant and equipment, systems and processes, this book focuses on people and the need for good leadership and strategies for developing a high performance culture which ensures excellence in asset management…’
Dr. Marlene Kanga, 2013 National President of Engineers Australia
‘Living Asset Management’ is a must read for anyone on the asset management career path, and is targeted towards those in leadership roles and senior management. Case studies are supported by theory and every anecdote is thorough and relevant. This is not just another textbook!
The authors have a combined global experience spanning some sixty years; hard won knowledge which has allowed them to identify and form a firm belief that effective asset management is a value driver for any business. It allows organisations to meet their objectives and make the best use of available resources. It’s a ‘win-win’ situation for all parties: asset managers, the organisation, stakeholders and the assets.
The Asset Management Council is dedicated to the asset management community, and as the AMPEAK Asset Management Conference is our biggest event, we want to know what you want to see there.
Suggested topics have included:
- ISO 55000 application, case studies and implementation guidance
- Asset Management Planning
- Whole of Life Planning and Costing
- Risk Management, and more about risk intelligence and quantitative approaches to ‘soft’ areas
- Drawing the link between investment decisions and corporate risk profiles to asset management
- Industry experience and tools
- Operations and Maintenance
- Building foundations for effective IT systems and tools to support asset management
- Life Cycle and Health of Assets
Tell us what you want at AMPEAK!
MEDIA RELEASE: Announcing a Joint Venture for Certification in ISO 55001 for Asset Management Assessors
The Worldwide Partnership in Asset Management Certification
A Joint Venture for
Certification in ISO 55001 for Asset Management Assessors
SOON TO BE RELEASED
‘…Since 1991 we have engaged with industry leaders and world class researchers to identify significant challenges and innovative solutions…Now we can provide an even greater level of professionalism and customer service…’
Dave Daines - ISO Representative for CRC Mining
A worldwide partnership was recently formed, between four national, not-for-profit organisations, to provide industry certification for Asset Management Assessors. The certification will assure the quality of assessors, and confirm their knowledge and comprehension in asset management systems.
Stakeholders responsible for this ground-breaking initiative include ABRAMAN-Brazilian Maintenance Association, a private, scientific society with 2700 professional and organisational members; the USA Society for Maintenance and Reliability Professionals Certifying Organisation (SMRPCO), formed by practitioners to advance reliability and create leaders in the field; the Plant Engineering and Maintenance Association of Canada (PEMAC), a national association providing global leadership, education and certification in world class maintenance, reliability and physical asset management practices, and in Australia, the Asset Management Council; committed to promotion of best asset management practices in industrial, commercial, academic and government organisations.
The Asset Management Council has been working with more than 30 volunteers in Australia and New Zealand to create set of questions for an ISO Assessor exam, to certify individuals to be approved as ISO 55001 Assessors.
The volunteers contributed more than 250 multiple choice questions that have been approved by SMRPCO as suitable for beta testing.
The Asset Management Council has invited individuals who contributed to the exam to sit the trial, which will be held in a number of Australian cities including Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth, in the coming week.
Congratulations to the following new certficants:
Kevin Atkinson CSAM
Brett Van Breda CAAM
Guan Peh CFAM
Ivo Martinac CAAM
David Caro CPAM
Sol Friedman CAAM
Bradley Buckland CAAM
Thalepo Oageng CPAM
Elmer Hung CPAM
For more information on the Asset Management Council Certification Scheme, click here.
A Focus on Infrastructure and Government
Sydney, Friday 21st November 2014
Topics will include:
- New South Wales’ Vision for Asset Management: Focal area within NSW treasury
- Asset management value added through system changes - Emergency services NSW: how they have improved their business through their review.
- Procurement excellence – discussion forum : Finance department NSW government; major work in procurement using a capability model similar to the AM Council’s Capability Delivery Model.
- Developments in using asset management within Roads and Maritime Services - RMS building a new approach to asset management, find out their new strategy.
- Implementing Asset Management Yarra Trams Case study; Queensland Health case study - a practitioner’s point of view.
- Asset Management Maturity: the latest global debate. - IM paper on maturity Panel discussion
- Announcement of release of Australian standard in November - Tools and techniques available for use.
- Asset management framework developments - Discussion and debate
To discuss registration, contact Eva at
or on 03 9819 2515